Top seven tips to help you use social media for your business.
- Choose the platforms that will work best with your business. No point signing up to snapchat and instagram if your business isn’t video or product image focused. These platforms will require regular content and commitment, so perhaps a more general platform like facebook and twitter may work well as they are more communicative, rather than visual.
- Understand and know your audience. When it comes to social media, what and how you communicate to your audience is important for repeat visits and positive referrals. Using the correct language, imagery and branding, is important for long term audience retention.
- Be proactive in responding. Most users online are quite opinionated and will openly express their joy or negativity towards a company. Be proactive and connect with your audience and respond to any poor comments with good PR.
- Offer your best customer service, even though they may not be buying anything on these social media platforms.
- Remember your business goals. Are you trying to increase brand awareness, improve sales, promote a new product? Whatever your goal is, ensure that this ties into your social media outcome.